It is important to monitor my health and risk factors to prevent another stroke from happening. If the doctors think that
I have had a stroke, I may be referred to a Stroke Prevention Clinic.
What will happen?
- Review the type of stroke I had.
- Review my test results, risk factors, medications.
- Undergo a neurological exam. Discuss whether more tests are needed.
- Develop a plan for how I can prevent another stroke.
- Discuss the plan to follow up with my family doctor and/or another specialist
Who will I see
- Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Other health care professionals depending on my needs (for example, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist, registered dietitian).