What is it?
Trouble understanding what we see and where the object is in space.
How can it affect you?
- You may misjudge the height of stairs
- You may knock items over when trying to reach for them
- You may bump into things when moving around
- You may trip over loose rugs or uneven pavement
- You may reach too far or too short for objects
- You may miss the edge of the chair when you sit down
- You can be at risk for falls and injury
Strategies for you and your caregiver
- Use visual cues: Place fluorescent or bright-colored tape at the edge of steps and on the lip of the bathtub
- Use non-spill cups/bottles
- Keep your environment free of clutter