What is it?
Being able to remember and recall personal experiences, information and skills.
How can it affect you?
You may have difficult remembering:
- Names of people you just met
- What you ate for breakfast
- Memories from your childhood
Strategies for you and your caregiver
- Write important things down in a journal, daily planner, calendar or sticky notes
- Repeat important information
- Use signs and labels on drawers / cupboards / medication bottles
- Put things away in the same place so it is easier to find
- Complete tasks one step at a time