Life after stroke
Ongoing recovery is possible. There is life after stroke.
What will happen?
- I will continue to work on improving my skills and abilities to participate in everyday life.
- I will continue my home exercise programs
- I will get involved with community programs
- I will ensure my caregiver (if available) is managing and getting assistance when needed.
- I will continue to make informed lifestyle choices to stay healthy and reduce my risk of another stroke.
Who will I see?
- Community care providers will assess my ability to return to meaningful leisure or social activities, to driving and/or working if appropriate.
- Ongoing visits with my care providers to reduce the risk of another stroke and ensure I am managing my concerns well.